Labels

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Tip - Toe ....



Hi and welcome to my blog  :)  I have a 'golden oldie' card to share with you today, a sample from last year's Spring tv shows.    I have used stamps from the Spring Bird Tulip and Spring Foliage sets: Brushos, black Versfine ink, Versamark ink,gold embossing powder, a gold pen.



I took a piece of white card and stamped both groups of Tulips from the set, masking and overstamping to create one large group.  When all the Tulips were masked I brushed water onto the card and sprinkled Brushos randomly across the panel.  I love the way the colours burst and spread all over the card creating a beautiful background.  



Using the Brushos as paints this time I painted the flower heads after removing the masking fluid.  



I did the same with the foliage.



I stamped foliage images around the edges of the panel in Versamark ink and embossed them with gold EP, to frame the Tulips.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment in the same way, then added gold pen around the outer edges before matting it onto red card.  I attached the panel to a white base card and blended DI around the edges.   



I love this design, I think it's really bright and cheerful and very Spring-like.  I think it would make a lovely card for a Spring birthday, anniversary, get well or any other occasion.  I also think it is suitable for both male and female cards.  
Thank you  very much for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and will come back again soon  :)    


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, I love tulips and so this is just right up my street, wonderful inky background, designed perfectly, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate my lovely, I have a lot of older samples to blog and catch up with lol! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is just beautiful and, yes, very spring like. I didn’t know how you did this at first and now you reminded me of painting the card with water and then adding brushos. I love the colours and it is so very cheerful. I am finally making cards and finally showed one the other day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you very much for your lovely comment! I shall have to pop over to your blog and see what you've been doing :) xx

      Delete