Labels

Saturday 12 May 2018

Flying High




Hello and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing another 'blast from the past' with you today.  This is one of my samples from the Chocolate Baroque tv shows back in May last year featuring some of their beautiful butterfly stamps, stencils and masks.  I have used stamps from the Patchwork Butterfly and Words to Dazzle and Sparkle sets; Brusho, Aquatints, grey Versafine ink, Versamark ink, copper embosing powder, copper pen; Kaleidoscope of Butterflies mask/stencil.
   


I took a piece of white card and stamped the large butterfly image in grey ink and masked it.  I then colour washed the card with blue Aquatint, and sprinkled blue Brusho randomly over the wet paint.  




When everything was dry I removed the masking fluid and used Aquatints to paint the image.  I used the stencil to add some sillhouette butterflies to the background and added some dots with the copper pen.  I then used the pen around the edges of the panel.  




I took a piece of heat resistant acetate and stamped the butterfly using Versamark ink, then embossed it with copper powder before cutting it out.  I then attached it to the painted image by putting glue on the body only,  this leaves the wings free and adds movement.  I matted the panel onto black card.  





I stamped a sentiment in black Versafine ink then attached the focal panel to a blue base card.



I love this butterfly with all it's lovely detail, and this simple design really shows it off.  This is a very useful card suitable for lots of occasions and recipients.
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post.  I'd love it if you left me a comment, and I hope you'll visit again soon  :)  







6 comments:

  1. It's absolutely stunning Penny, I love the colours and all that gold embossing, the hint of print within the wings is very creative, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you very much, I'm so glad you like it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the blue background and the butterfly is a standout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card our Penny. Fab photos with the embossing.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete