Labels

Monday 7 May 2018

Buzz-y- Bees





Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  Today I am sharing the first of my samples for the Chocolate Baroque 'Bees and Nature' shows in April.  I have used stamps from the Honey Bee and Rose Tree sets; Distress Oxides, Distress Inks, sepia Versafine ink, clear embossing powder; a die and an embossing folder from my stash.



Taking a piece of white card I stamped the bee hive image and a couple of bees, embossed and masked them, then created a colour wash with DOs for the background. 



I stamped the silhouette Foxglove image using first and second generation ink randomly across the background panel, to give the impression of a field of flowers.  I then removed the masks and coloured the images with pens. 



On another piece of card I stamped and embossed the large Foxglove, bees and Sunflower images in sepia, coloured them with pens then cut them out.  I blended DI around the edges of the background panel and matted it onto dark brown card which co-ordinated with the sepia tone of the ink.  I took a cream base card and embossed the front in a folder from my stash that compliments the bee theme.  I then blended DI around the edges to accentuate the pattern and texture from the folder.        



I attached the background panel to the base card and  added the flower and bees in 3D.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment then die cut it.  I used the word 'Bee' from the Honey Bee set and the word 'Happy' from the Mackintosh Words set.  I added DI while the panel was still in the die using it as a stencil, removed the panel and added gold pen to the outer edges.  






These beautiful stamps really inspired me to create this cheerful card, I like bees - we have lots of them in the garden in Spring and Summer - so these stamps and the theme were a dream for me!  I love them!  And these stamps are great for both male and female cards, and for lots of occasions.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and I hope to see you back here again soon  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny what a wonderful card, so Summery with the gorgeous colours, loving the composition of stamps you've used to create the scene. Hope all is well with you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning..sorry. I love the colours used in the background and I enjoy seeing all the cutouts and your design. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete