Labels

Sunday 7 January 2018

Sea Shell Seahorse




Hello everyone, I hope you have all had a great Christmas!  My Festive holiday had an eventful beginning and end - but the middle was lovely.  So welcome to my blog  :)  I am sharing a card today that was a sample for Chocolate Baroque's recent 'Seaside at Christmas' shows on tv.  It was lovely to work with stamps that are so far removed from Christmas  :)  
I have used stamps from the Underwater, Mermaid Queen, and Seaside Dreams sets; I used Aztec Metallic paints, Distress Inks, black Versafine ink, clear embossing powder, Glossy Accents, Alcohol pens and acetate.




I took a piece of white card and stamped the Seahorse and seaweed images, then masked them with masking tissue.  I blended three DIs all over the card for the background.  I stamped a couple of mermaid images in second generation ink so that they appeared in the distance.  I dried all the inks then removed the masks.  I then coloured the three original stamped images with Aztec paints to give them a pearlescent look.  



I added some shading to the shells and seaweed images, then I stamped and embossed the Seahorse in black  on acetate.  I cut around the image and attached it to the stamped image on the background accentuating the detail of the stamp.





I added some bubbles with glossy accents giving some texture to the background.




On a white base card I stamped one of the borders from Seaside Dreams along two sides and coloured the images with alcohol pens.  





I added a gold marker pen to the edges of the panel then attached it to the base card.   I added Glossy Accents to bubbles and seaweed in the borders and the pearl on the shell  then added the sentiment panel.




I really enjoyed making this card, using lots of techniques and colours.  I think it would make a lovely card for any occasion, and it could be given to a man or woman.  I'm sure this cheerful design, with these beautiful stamps will bring a smile to anyone's face.
Thank you so much for popping by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll come back soon  :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Penny, oh I do love this, some of my fav stamps and your composition and colours are fabulous, love it all, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you very much my lovely and yes - these stamps are gorgeous! :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is a great sea image with the pale Caribbean blues. So many in my neck of the woods would love to dive into that card

    ReplyDelete