Labels

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Punky Baroque Chest



Hi there and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  I have a mini chest of drawers to share with you all today, I created it as one of my tv samples for the recent Chocolate Baroque Steampunk shows.  As you may know I LOVE Steampunk, and I use it quite a lot in my artwork.  This project is similar to the chest that I created in a previous post - Metal and Sparkle - but this time I have used stamps as well as embossing folders.   I have used CB Eccentric Edwardian, Steampunkery, Key to My Dreams sets; Embossing folder from my stash; gilding waxes, Aztec paints, embossing powders, black gesso, Glossy Accents, paper clay embellishments from my stash.
 


I painted a small MDF chest with black gesso, both the framework and the drawers.  When the paint was dry I added gilding waxes to the handles and the edges of the drawer fronts.




Next I embossed two sheets of black card using a folder, and added gilding waxes to them to create a sheet metal effect.



 I used some more black card to create the drawer fronts; stamping, embossing and painting the panels that I had cut to size.



I cut the metal sheeting card to size, leaving a little around the edges to fold over and neaten them.  I attached each panel with strong PVA, and added some 'rivets' made with the waste from die cutting cogs on a previous project. 



I used several embellishments to decorate the top of the chest, all of which I made myself; some are paper clay, some are stamped and embossed onto card and cut out. 




I stamped and embossed a key in gold onto black card and  then cut it out.  I added some ribbon and hung it on one of the handles.



The fob watch has been stamped and embossed onto card in gold, then   and Glossy Accents was added as glass.
 


I loved creating this little chest of drawers!  These stamps are so beautiful and detailed, and they suit this project so well.  This little chest not only looks good but it is useful too; whether it sits on a desk or craft table, or like mine it can go in the sitting room or bedroom to hold all the little bits and bobs that  you need from time to time - safely in one place Lol!



Thank you very much for popping by today, I hope you like this post and will come back again soon  :)  

4 comments:

  1. Totally amazing Penny, I loved this when I saw it on the show, so much detail and work, very creative. The metallic shades are fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so very much my lovely! Those paints are fabulous to work with, CB were selling them at the time - I don't think they do them any more though. They are made by the same company that make the Brushos xxx

      Delete
  2. Wowzers! You are so talented and creative...and artistic. I love the boldness and the colours. You created something so original using a mixture of metal, paper and other materials-really neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you thank you for such lovely comments! :) I'm so glad you like this project as I absolutely LOVED creating it xxx

      Delete