Labels

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Autumnal Blossom



Hi there and a warm welcome to my blog  :)  Today I'm sharing a card that I made recently for my daughter's birthday.  As her birthday is in September, like mine, I decided to create a simple Autumnal design with a bright fresh feel to it.  I have used stamps from the Chocolate Baroque Fantasy Woodland and Mackintosh Words sets; Versamark ink, white embossing powder, Distress ink, Dyna paints, and white charcoal.



On a piece of Kraft card I stamped  a group of trees with Versamark ink and embossed it with white EP.    I positioned the group of trees slightly off centre then stamped and embossed a single tree on the other side.  I didn't want the trees to look as if they were 'floating' so I added some lines with a Versamark pen and embossed those in white as well.  This made the trees look 'grounded'.  I then edged the panel with gold marker pen.



I took a white base card and stamped a leaf image repeatedly around the edges to create a border, using first and second generation ink.  I then blended ink around the outside edges.




I painted the flowers on the trees with orange and gold Dyna paints and added some clouds using a white charcoal stick.




I added a sentiment from the Mackintosh Words set, stamped and embossed as before.  I added some dots around some of the trees with gold pen, then attached the panel to the base card.



This design is very simple and quite contempory for me - but I really love it!  It's good for those last minute cards we all need from time to time, but it doesn't look like a last minute job!  I have made a birthday card but I think this design is great for lots of occasions, and it's good for male or female cards too.  This is such a cheerful and bright design I'm sure it will put a smile on any recipients face!
Thank you so much for popping by my blog today.  I really hope you've enjoyed this post and that you will come back again soon  :)  

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card with minimal colour but it works so well. I have to start using the white ink pad more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Penny, I love the contemporary design and those trees are fabulous. Great colours and use of kraft card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete