Labels

Wednesday 6 September 2017

Rustic Russian Dolls




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm taking you back in time today with one of my samples from the Chocolate Baroque Russian shows on tv earlier this year.  I absolutely loved this collection, it's so different from the norm and lovely to work with.  For this card I have used stamps from the Babushka, Fantasy Castles and Words To Dazzle and Sparkle sets; Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Candied Apples, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade; Versamark ink, white embossing powder and white gesso, gold artistmarker pen.





I love using white embossing powder on Kraft card, and this design is no exception.  I stamped and embossed the castle and dolls first then positioned,stamped and embossed the clouds.  




I painted the clouds with white gesso thinned with water, and painted the dolls and castle with Distress Inks.  The castle spires are coloured with gold pen.  I then matted the panel onto card that I have coloured with the gold pen.





On a white base card I stamped several dolls along the top and bottom edges in Vintage Photo and blended the ink around all the edges.  I attached the focal panel to the base card.  I then stamped and embossed a sentiment in white on a spare piece of Kraft card and die cut it.  I blended ink around the edges and attached it to the card.




I really enjoyed making this card.  I love Russian Dolls and have several sets of them in my home, and I've had great fun creating designs with these stamps!  I love the rustic look  of this design coupled with a splash of gold Imperialism.  This design is great for any occasion and for male or female cards too.
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you have enjoyed this post, please feel free to pop by again  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment