Labels

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Chequered Shine




Hi there and welcome to my blog  :)  I'm sharing a sample from the July shows today featuring the beautiful Chequered Flowers stamp and a sentiment from the Mackintosh Words set; Versamark ink, mica powders, gold gilding wax; and an embossing folder from my stash.  




This is a quick and easy card to make, but it looks just as beautiful as some of my more complex designs.  I started with the focal panel using black card.  I stamped the floral image onto the card with Versafine ink and brushed mica powders over it to colour.  I love using mica powders, they give such a lovely shimmer and sheen to any project.  I then matted the panel onto some bright green paper.




I took another piece of black card and embossed it in a folder.  I added gold gilding wax to it and attached it to a white base card.  I then attached the focal panel.  I stamped a sentiment onto black card as before and coloured with mica powders.  I then die cut the sentiment and matted it onto green paper, and attached it to the card.





As I said this design is quick and easy to make, but still looks very pretty and luxurious.  It is a card for all occasions as the sentiment is ambiguous and the colours can be changed to suit.  These Chequered Flowers are good for mens cards as well as womens too.  
Thank you for taking time to drop by today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and will visit again soon  :)  

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card Penny, it really does have a luxurious look, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much for your lovely comments both here and on fb, your support means a lot :) xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! I love these powders because they give such a nice shimmer and set things off so beautifully. I like the pop of bright green also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you hun, it's nice to change things up a bit sometimes ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Which July shows? Are these Chocolate Bauque? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... Chocolate Baroque!!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JP, This card is from the July CB shows and yes they are Chocolate Baroque stamps hun :) xxx

    ReplyDelete