Labels

Friday 28 July 2017

Sparkling Blue Poppy




Hello and welcome to my blog  :)  I have another of my tv samples to share with you today, from the recent Chocolate Baroque ODS shows.  As well as the beautiful stamps in this launch I am totally in love with my Distress Oxides!
I have used the Chocolate Baroque Floral Harmony stamp and a sentiment from the Mackintosh Words set; Distress Oxides - Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet and Broken China, Black Versafine ink, Distress Ink - Chipped Saphire, Clear Sparkle pen; dies and a gem from my stash.




To start this design I created the background on a piece of white stamping card.  I applied the DOs to my glass mat and spritzed them with water, then I placed the card on top and moved it around to create a lovely colour wash.  




Next I stamped the floral image onto the background with Versafine ink.  I used a little DO ink to colour the flower, then I added Sparkle pen to it and also to the seed heads.  I matted the focal panel onto black card and attached it to a white base card.  




I die cut some more black card with dies from my stash and attached them to the card.  I added a couple of gems and stamped a sentiment in Versafine ink.




This is one of my favourite samples from this launch.  I love the colours and the simplicity of the design, the DOs and the stamp do all the work and needed just a few little embellishments to complete the look.  I think this design could be used for lots of occasions and would suit all ages.
Thank you for popping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll visit again soon.

4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty...loving the colour combos and the glittery flower with the dark leaves set against the white frame...so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Birgit, thank you so much - I'm really getting into those Distress Oxides lol! Take care :) x

      Delete
  2. Amazing colours in your background Penny, it's a gorgeous card, beautifully designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, thank you so much I love playing with those distress Oxides :) hugs xx

      Delete